About The Haitian Project
The Haitian Project, a 501(c)3 non-profit, is a Catholic Mission which supports and operates Louverture Cleary School (LCS), a tuition-free, Catholic, co-educational secondary boarding school for academically talented and motivated students from Haitian families who cannot afford the cost of their children’s education.
Imagine living in a place where...
- A year's tuition for just one child, in public or private secondary school costs 25-40% of the average person's annual salary
- Fewer than 5% of children graduate from high school
- Nearly 70% of college graduates leave the country
At Louverture Cleary School...
- Students receive a Haitian Ministry of Education-approved education, tuition-free
- 98% of graduates pass the Baccalaureat, Haiti's national exam
- Over 90% of graduates are employed or enrolled in university in Haiti